Mom, I Didn't Even Mention Bodily Functions Once In This Post. Are You Proud?

I've had a headache all day. No one cares. It's sad really. I should be resting with my feet elevated and a cool cloth on my head while Coach feeds me grapes, but instead I took care of kids, ran errands, and cleaned my house. Why, oh, why is my life not a fantasy?
We've been busy little bees over here. The house we live in now is a mobile home that was given to us by my Grandfather. It was sort of a gift both ways actually. It was all in ruins and he needed to unload it and we figured we could fix it up and use the profit from selling it as a down payment on a bigger place in a few years.
...a few years, a couple of hours, and 46 minutes later.
Today Coach took off from work and we lugged the kids all over the county. First, to the bank to turn in our pre-approval paperwork, which naturally we hadn't done 100% correctly and now we have to go back with our childhood diaries so they know we are trustworthy. After that we put in an application for a grant of up to $30,000 for first-time homeowners. (Since this place was a gift we are considered first-time homeowners.) We finished up with both of those things faster than we had anticipated so we met up with a realtor to check out a house that Coach's parent's had noticed one day last week.
We liked the house. It's definitely the nicest one we've looked at so far. It's also the most expensive. Not completely out of our reach, but almost.
So after all of this I came home and thought, you know what sounds like fun? Let me clean out my kids' toys and get rid of some excess while Braden cries about having to give away his toys. It was awesome. I did get rid of a bunch of crap though. Of course when I went to drop them off at the Goodwill I had to wait for the Manager of the store to come out and approve the toys I was dropping off. Seriously. Oh, and they don't take stuffed animals. What the heck am I going to do with these things?
Instead of resting after we put the kids to bed, we got to work on our own room.
I don't want to talk about it. Though it does look better.
Tomorrow I'm going to have to call around and find a storage unit for all the extra things we don't want to get rid of but don't have room for.

Normally, I'd reread this post a few times to make sure it makes sense or is, at the very least, vaguely interesting. I have done neither of these things. Also to keep Punk's name clear, I didn't have her proofread it either. (these are my disclaimers) I did spell-check. That's the pathetic effort I've put in today.
I'm going to go to bed now and dream about having a housekeeper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also dream of having a housekeeper. I wonder what that means? Hmmm. I am always proud of you too, even when you mention bodily functions.- mom

Anonymous said...

Job well done! I have plenty of strange storage compartments in my apartment if you guys have some stuff to unload. could save you a few clams on paying for an actual storage place. We'll discuss this while you prepare me dinner tonight or tomorrow. :) LOL

Boston Baked Bums said...

"my little friend" is right. Its like a buxton bag up in there, I wanna play hide and seek like whoa.