There Is Going To Be A Test On This Later.

Did you know that every year Mother Teresa took a trip to Darjeeling, India by herself. It wasn't a missionary trip. It was her time to refresh herself and reconnect with God. Sounds awesome right?

She travelled alone, (unless you're counting God) and she didn't do a whole lot of socializing I bet. I think that driving in silence is wonderful. It might surprise you that I love silence so much since I ramble like a madwoman on this blog, but I would happily take a "vacation" like Mother Teresa's. Imagine just you and your Bible on a train with no distractions.

Silence is highly underrated. Let us practice silence together at this time.

When you are done practicing being quiet, I'd like to know what your favorite Bible verse is?

3 comments:

Dione said...

The first thing that comes to mind is, "And the Lord spake unto the fish, and it vomited Jonah out upon dry land".

I watched the last 8+ minutes of a football game yesterday while I waiting for Dateline to come on. Just thought you'd be proud of me.

P.S. One of my favorites is, "Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies" (Proverbs 31:10).

coach said...

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

And no Tony I did not pick this for the Texas Rattlesnake.

By the way I looked at your profile and I agree 100% that I am excited and terrified over this season. I hope it works out well but I have a bad feeling. On the other hand I am a pessimist!

Anonymous said...

Ezekiel 25:17

Samuel L Jackson - Pulp Fiction Version.

Fresh.