You Musta Fo-kus

Also while you are at it, "Wax on, Wax off." It might not feel great but it's a quick easy way to keep those eyebrows from going all Frida. From the looks of that picture she appears to have a little Pepe of her own. Some time with Mr. Miyagi would have done her some good. And you all thought that movie was about Karate.

It was pointed out that I never shared with you all what I wanted to be "when I grew up." I did that on purpose. I didn't want to intimidate you. I mean, honestly, what I dreamed of becoming was so much more elite than Government Interpreter. I wanted to be a secretary. No, not secretary of state or defense or even an incredibly cool desk. A plain old secretary. The kind that answers phones and get flowers once a year from her boss. I wish I knew why I chose that dream. I'm sure the reason was awesome. Maybe I was inspired by Secretary Barbie. That can't be it because as I recall Cowgirl Barbie was a big part of my life around that time and I never once wanted to own a ranch or ride a bull...

When I was eighteen I achieved my dream of secretarial greatness, but by then I had moved on to bigger dreams. After briefly toying with the idea of being a teacher, I decided that when I grew up, I wanted to be a mom.

I've already achieved two of my three childhood dreams and I'm not even thirty. Some might say I set my goals too low but I choose to believe that I'm just a straight-up overachiever. I set a goal (become a mom), make a plan (get a husband) and achieve the heck out of it (...ahem, moving on).

Since I'm so good at this goal achieving thing I feel it is my duty to pass along unsolicited advice to you. My advice is this; stay focused, aim low and keep the facial hair to a minimum.

Of course now I'm running out of childhood dreams to fulfill. I need a new one. Nothing too creative or difficult. I need to be able to accomplish it with minimal effort. I wonder if it's hard to be a rodeo clown. I do love make-up and Cowgirl Barbie would be so proud.

This one is for The Football Wife, now that's a woman who knows how to dream.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

got one! make a nacho platter one night this week and invite me over to consume it. very attainable goal.

Mr. Punk said...

Hah yeah, that sounds like a good- cookie monster! *giggles*

The Football Wife said...

Thanks, Missy! If Kevin Clash would like to take a few personal days, I am more than ready to fill in as Elmo. I can play the piano & talk in third person...

Anonymous said...

Raising kids is a huge job! Stay focused, little grasshopper! - Mom -

Punk said...

Goal: Achieve readership of more than seven people.

How's that?

We absolutely loved the Sesame Street video. Ashman pulled a Stewie ("Again! Again! I love repitition!"), and I giggled and giggled like I was the two year old in the audience, which, clearly, I am not.

... Or am I?

Bethany said...

Punk, I asked for easily attainable goals. For example, I think I'll make nachoes on wednesday or Thursday if a bearded brother-in-law stops by he can eat.

coach said...

Hey I have attained my biggest goal of all. I work with inmates. What better than that. I also second the nacho thing this week. That is probably the goal of goals. Who wouldn't want to savor those wonderful tasting tostitos with cheese and beans. The taste is mouth watering and I love them. Lastly honey if you want to be a Cowgirl barbie then you just dye your hair and do so.