My Annual Post

So you might have noticed that a little bit of time has past since we spoke last. You may have also noticed by reading my first sentence that I've used that time to work on my rhyming skills. As for how I'll sum up the remaining 10 months of my time since my last post, I've chosen to use pictures. I made this choice since a picture is worth a thousand words and yet they take up such little space.


Let the summing up begin:


In March, roughly 3.5 weeks before my due date, I developed a bit of a blood pressure problem. Like 200/125 problem. The doctors gently recommended that I C-section it up so as to avoid things like stroke, still birth and death.

I felt this was wise as well. At some point during the day Evangeline was born I also developed HELLP.

As crazy as it got, we both lived to tell the tale. Though to be fair I typically tell the story since my speech patterns are better. Plus shes not much of a typer yet.


After a week of recovering at the hospital, we took our 4 pound 10 ounce baby home. Everyone was excited.
Sleep is scarce so we get it anyway we can. I still don't sleep through the night. Might be because of the baby or it could be because this image haunts my dreams. It's anyone's guess, really.


We celebrated everyone's birthday's. We are now older, tireder, and no wiser then when we started.
 We didn't leave our country out. We celebrated her birthday too. Like the rest of America we celebrated our freedom by eating fried food and blowing stuff up. Ah, good times.

 We adopted a monkey. Hey, wait, what?

 Homemade corndogs were consumed.

 We apple picked in the rain and then celebrated that event like only Rocky Balboa could.

The truth is a lot more has happened, but it's too much to recap. I don't see myself keeping up with this blog anytime soon. I just don't have the time with the baby and homeschooling and other menial tasks like laundry and cooking/cleaning that inconsiderately take up so much of my time. I did want to stop in, say "Hi" and let you know that I started a blog with Mallory at http://homeschoolingstarters.wordpress.com/

So if you miss me like I miss you, stop by and say hi. I promise I'll update it more then once a year.

2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
so glad everyone is okay
i've missed you so :)

ps--your baby girl is BEAUTIFUL!!

Sarah and the Gentlemen said...

I like this annual post. (It looks like my posts might be monthly ones or it may have just happened by accident that way.)

As Inigo Montoya said, "Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up."

Well done.