A Love Letter

Dear Small Iced Mocha Latte Lite from Dunkin Donuts,

I love you.

Some days the thought of going through the DD drive-thru to pick you up after a workout is the only thing that keeps me going on the treadmill. I love the cool refreshment you offer me after a sweaty workout and the tingly-buzz I get from your espresso. I love the way the chocolate settles right to your bottom. We have that in common.

While in the past I'll admit I've experimented with hot, medium and even caramel, I promise, now that I've had you, you are the only one for me. Please don't ever leave the DD menu. I don't think I could live without you. I will love you forever. I know you love me too because of the caffeine high you give me and how you wait for me at the drive-thru window. I promise that as long as I have $2.68 in my wallet we'll always be together.

You give me so much yet cost me so little. You never put on airs like the Starbucks Macchiato, with it's fancy Italian name. You are sweet and delicious and you speak my language. I know that I'm no good for you. I always leave you empty, but, Small Iced Mocha Latte Lite from Dunkin Donuts, I just can't quit you.


You have my heart,

Missy

3 comments:

Punk said...

Um.

I'm speechless with joy.

"You have my heart" alone. No, "Starbucks Macchiato" also turned my crank. Or "I don't think I could live without you"?

... *weeping*...

Thank you.

Bethany said...

This post was written for my latte but the links were chosen with you in mind. You know, except for the Trent Edwards one. ;)

Dione said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - don't know how ya found me, but I'm glad you did. I checked out your blog and I'm afraid I've read the whole thing. I enjoy your writing style, sense of humor and adorable kids!