Snapshots From 2009

I dropped my camera on Halloween and even though I purchased the warranty with it I still haven't gotten it fixed. This is why all my pictures are coming out blurry. I didn't realize how bad it was until I went back and saw the pictures from apple picking day again and there is a dramatic difference. Truth be told even with a properly functioning camera I still lack any skill with a camera and I most certainly don't know how to properly edit a photo.

I kind of think the best snapshots in life are the ones that can't be taken with a camera. Like the one Rachel shared here or the ever so precious descriptions of toddler destruction that Sara generously shares. My life is full of these little snapshots. For example today while I was washing dishes my three year old child approached me with trepidation, looked up and said three words.


"I am honest."

To which I replied, " You are honest?" (I'm so clever and witty aren't I?)

And then his confession:
I peed my pants, but I am honest. Don't put me to bed. I am honest.

I wasn't sure what the proper punishment for pants peeing honesty was so I just made him say 2 Our Fathers and 2 Hail Mary's. Maybe I was a little harsh.

*****


Pink Wings and Tutu. Check. Hawaiian Headband. Check. P.J.'s with Ice Cream Cones on them. Check.
I think that pose means she's ready to sprinkle you with Fairy Dust.

*****
A few weeks ago we got a little snow shower. Bella really wanted to go out and play in the snow but it was late and I told her that she'd have to wait until the next day.

"When you wake up tomorrow there will still be plenty of snow."

Of course when she woke up, this was all the snow we had.


I thought for sure she'd have a fit about how there was no snow and I promised there would be snow when she woke up. So the next morning I prepared myself for the whining while I bundled them up to go out in the "snow" and sent them out into the back yard. And then I heard her exclaim,

"THERE'S SO MUCH SNOW!!!"

*****

AND NOW:
FISHING WITH UNCLE RYAN



8 comments:

Brandi said...

:) Just stumbled upon you via SITS, where I'm new. Read for the past 20 minutes and laughed myself silly. Muffin Tops are SO the new sexy!
I'll be back

coach said...

Not much to say today but good post my wife. Any time you write about the kiddies it works. Now maybe I don't remember and that is very possible but when exactly did you drop this camera? We are terrible with electronics lol.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

"There's so much snow"...love it. We all should look at the world through their eyes more often.

The Fairy outfit is perfect. Ready to go...lol

Dione said...

I just noticed that I've had this silly smile plastered to my face since I began reading this post. Your kids are too cute!!! Honest!

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

um, Uncle Ryan bares a striking resemblance to the quirky, yet fun-loving friend, Davis on Accidentallly on Purpose. . .

Punk said...

Sometimes, I kind of love Ryan...

Sarah and the Gentlemen said...

Oh my cow! I just learned something new: Pee stories are HILARIOUS when it happens to someone else.

Wisconsin Parent said...

Ha ha ha. Loved the video. I have a similar photo of my daughter...will post it soon as an example of what the world would be like if kids dressed themselves! Pixie dust is a good idea, though.