Addressing The Societal Issues That The Grammy's Raised

Did you watch the Grammy's? I did. It was riveting. It left me pondering so many things. Things like why is Kanye never at awards ceremonies when he gets honored with an award but is at all of the ones that don't give him awards?  Why do they keep cutting to Jay-Z sitting in his chair? Are we to believe that watching him breathe is more interesting then the over-the-top performance that Beyonce is putting on? Why is Jamie Foxx so well loved? Can't anyone else tell he's annoying and self-important?

But if you could put all of this aside (I know it's difficult but I believe you can) and examine with me the most important thing that the Grammy's have shed a light on? No, it isn't Haiti relief or even that Michael Jackson has achieved posthumous induction into the Icon Hall of Fame, also known as People Who Get Treated Like Gods. No, the issue that the Grammy's have shed a light on is the mistreatment of strippers.

Why is it that when millionaires take the stage in little more then ace bandages, dump water on themselves, roll in dirt and fall to their knees and bounce up and down to the beat of the music it's called performance art? When middle class people do these things, they are called exotic dancers, but when poor people do it, they are strippers? Why should they be looked down upon because they draw a smaller crowd or get their outfits from Fredrick's of Hollywood? I really think that someone should put an end to this discrimination. So I'm taking a page out of Michael Jackson's song book and starting with the man in the mirror. From here on out, I will be referring to strippers as "Economically Challenged Millionaires" and I hope you'll do the same. I refuse to live in a society that is so full of discrimination toward poor people that take off their clothes for entertainment. I hope you'll join me in this...fight? Together we can make a difference.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

i am laughing my arse off here...
i am sorry i missed the show

Ry said...

Amen! Let's make taking off your clothes cool again! GOOOOOO PLANET!!!

Jessica said...

Excellent issue you've spotlighted! Next step is to work on the ribbon for this cause - 'cause we've gotta have a ribbon. I suggest flesh colored. ...With tassels?

Liz Mays said...

Thank you for pointing out how arrogant Jamie Foxx is! I've been wondering when somebody else would notice that!!!

Bethany said...

J&J, I just rewatched Pink's performance and my son said, "SHE'S NUDIE!"

As for the ribbon I think that we should add glitter.

Punk said...

Flesh colored, glittering ribbons with tassels. So perfect. I'll get started putting them together right now. Just let me know how many you'll need.

(Didn't I say the same thing last night that Anthony did this morning? "Dude, are Pink's dancer- people naked?!")

Sarah and the Gentlemen said...

I completely missed it!

So is "naked" the new "fur"?

Perhaps you could even the field by referring to these millionaires as "wayoverpricedlackinganydecencysincetheyaren'tevenscroungingforalivingbutjustlikeshowingofftheirboobies strippers"?
or "wopladstaesfalbjlsotb strippers" for short. ;0)

TOWR said...

I'm so glad *somebody* else thinks the same about Jamie Foxx. Geez!

Danae Hudson said...

Beautiful. What more can be said?!

Stopping by from SITS

Dione said...

So can I... I mean, do I take my clothes off to join in this fight? If so, where will I hang my tassel? Er, I mean, ribbon?

Jules AF said...

meh, I refuse to watch award shows anymore.

Bethany said...

Dione, one word.

Pasty

...or is it pastie? Either way you get my point.

Xan said...

I'm with the Boob Nazi, I don't watch anymore.

However, I'll join the cause! ;)


(Slightly unrelated: my word verification is "lipartas" If read aloud the implications are HILarious.)

coach said...

Hey instead of watching the grammys ladies and gentlemen you could have been watching the Royal Rumble. Just saying!

Debbie said...

You have hit on some complex issues here! And why does JayZ always look confused? I want some answers.

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Amen sistah! *fist bump* Power to the pasties!

Grilled Cheese said...

Between Jamie Foxx, who is way too impressed with himself, and Pink, who had little more covering her ha-ha than a Band-aid, I had to turn that junk off.

And while I am not a Taylor Swift fan, I do appreciate that I have yet to see her nipples.

Jen @ ourfinehouse said...

You never fail to make me laugh!

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

GREAT idea!! Maybe what "Economically Challenged Millionaires" need is an awards ceremony in which they honor EACH OTHER. Hey, works for celebrities!