- Lately I haven't felt much like blogging. I don't feel funny or interesting. I don't know if it's just the PMS talking, but I can't help but wonder if any of you ever feel this way? The other night I sat at the computer for like two hours trying to come up with something to write and ended up going to bed with nothing written. I did manage to take pictures of myself. (a solid procrastination technique that I highly recommend)
The dark: my best side for sure.
- I would really like to win the jewelery giveaway over on the Boob Nazi's blog. I only share this with you because I get an extra entry for mentioning the giveaway on my own blog. Also if I happen to lose that giveaway but you remember that my 30th birthday is fast approaching and realize that you haven't picked anything up for me yet that this would be a good option.
- Sandy over at Moments of Mommyhood has been posting ABC manipulatives for kids roughly Anthony's age. (she's up to P) They are so cute and easy. We did A today and he loved, loved, loved it. He actually ran to show Matt his paper when Matt got home which is the first time he's ever done that.
- I bought Mallory a book for gifted 1st graders today. Do I think she's gifted? No. (Cute and smart? Yes. Gifted? No.) The thing is she's tearing through all of the books I have and I'm running out of options. She's going to finish her third critical thinking workbook next week and reads constantly. I share this not to brag but to ask for help. If you have any suggestions on how to challenge a 5 year old that's already working through first grade materials with relative ease without making school feel like a chore (she's still little) I would love to hear them. All suggestions are good ones.
- I've gone blond (again). I suspect that this is why my mind is a total blank these days. It's not full blond, but I'm thinking about taking the plunge and doing all of my hair. See. Point in case. I'm sitting here thinking about hair color.
- Matt went to bed already. I don't feel so great (I'm the only one in my house that hasn't thrown up this week. I do not feel left out). I think I'll go join him.