The End

It's been almost a month since I first broke the news of the blighted ovum and almost two months since I first got the positive pregnancy test.

This past weekend I had a miscarriage. We knew it was coming so it wasn't a big shock. Being perfectly honest, I was ready for this to be over. Even though it took longer than I would have liked I'm glad I did it this way. I would have hated it if I had to wonder if this pregnancy would have developed into a viable one. At least now I have no questions and that gives me a lot of closure.

There isn't a lot more to say here. Now we move forward. I'll take care of the children I already have and keep busy with the business of getting this house market-ready. Ugh.


In keeping with custom, Punk and I exchange pictures over the Internet on our bad days. Since clearly this was a very bad day she sent me many many pictures of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. And then we found one of our hottie Quarterback, Trent Edwards, during his college years. He may have been smart enough to go to Stanford but he made some seriously bad hair decisions. It's a copyrighted photo, so if you care to mock it like we did, (I'm ashamed to admit it, but we did) you have to click the link.

I've really appreciated everyone's support through this. There has been a huge difference in dealing with this since I shared it with you and going it alone. It's been so comforting to know that I'm not alone. All silliness aside, thank you. I really mean that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good News:

1. You have a wonderful family
2. You have wonderful Kids
3. You have a wonderful husband
4. Your Husbands Brother is awesome

Bad News:
1. Trents hair looks pitiful.
2. as a result....i have lost just a tad bit of respect for him.

Dione said...

Did I tell you I've had 2 miscarriages? The first one sounds like a blighted ovum but they just said there was a pregnancy with no baby. The second one they gave me some kind of medication to get the miscarriage going and I ended up hemorrhaging so bad that I had to be carried out of my house on a stretcher. Too bad I didn't just let it happen naturally!

I'm sorry about your loss and I'm relieved that you can now move on. Good luck with your house selling (I'm really feeling for you at the thought of moving).

coach said...

I just want to say that my wife did a fantastic job in this very very tough time in our lives. She is truly the strong one in our relationship and I love the girl more and more every day. I know the next time she gets pregnant everything will go well, I have to have faith. I love you honey!